2017 Scholarship Program
A Scholarship Award of $2,000, $4,000 or $8,000 Can Be Yours!
The Educational Foundation of OHCA (EFOHCA
) was established in 1989 with the primary mission of fostering careers in long term care. Since we began, we have helped adults, like you, go to school to advance their professional careers while contributing to a better long term care workforce. We are proud of the fact that since our establishment in 1989, EFOHCA has awarded over $1.6M in scholarships to nearly 850 individuals. You too could be eligible to receive either a $2,000, $4,000 or $8,000 scholarship for the upcoming school year beginning July 1, 2017.
In addition, EFOHCA awards scholarships for certification programs in the amount equal to 50% of the cost of the certification course, not to exceed $1,500.
A promising future in long term care awaits you.
Apply for EFOHCA scholarship today!
- You must be an employee, or be related to an employee, who has worked for a minimum of 1 year for a member of the Ohio Health Care Association, Ohio Center for Assisted Living, or Ohio Centers for Intellectual Disabilities.
- You must be enrolled, or are about to be enrolled, in an institution of higher learning which offers accredited courses for obtaining a certificate, baccalaureate or post-graduate degree required for a career in long term health care.
- You must be enrolled for the school year or certification program running July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018.
- Scholarship Dollars may only be used for unmet educational expenses billed through your institution (i.e. tuition, fees, books, supplies, room and board) and will be payable directly to your school.
- Unspent funds at the completion of your degree or dis-enrollment from your learning institution, must be returned to EFOHCA.
Scholarship Application Deadlines:
Due Friday, March 10, 2017
- The EFOHCA Scholarship Application
- Letter of Recommendation
- Essay Questions
- Recent Transcript with grades as Proof of Enrollment (Existing Students Only)
- FAFSA Student Aid Report (complete 5-page report) does not apply for Certification Applicants
EFOHCA requires each applicant to complete the 2017 - 2018 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) can be completed online beginning October 1, 2016 by visiting FAFSA .Once the FAFSA is complete, please print and return the complete 5-page report Student Aid Report.
Due Friday, June 10, 2017 (New or Prospective Students Only)
- Acceptance Letter from your School as Proof of Enrollment in your School or Certification Program
For students enrolling in a new school for the 2017 - 2018 school year or certification program, EFOHCA is allowing until Friday, June 10, 2017 for receipt of a copy of an acceptance letter from your school or accredited program. If you are selected for an EFOHCA scholarship you will be notified in early April 2017 and will have until June 10, 2017 to provide proof of enrollment in order for the check to be issued on your behalf.
Apply here . . .
To apply for a EFOHCA Educational Scholarship,
please click here.
To apply for a Certification Program Scholarship,
please click here.
What is FAFSA & Why Should I Apply? The Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA, is the first step in the financial aid process. Use it to apply for federal student financial aid, such as the Pell Grant, student loans, and college work-study. In addition, most states and schools use FAFSA information to award their financial aid. Completing the FAFSA not only is a condition of the EFOHCA scholarship program, it also opens up to you the world of other financial aid possibilities. Log on beginning October 1, 2016 to begin the FAFSA process for the 2017 - 2018 school year.