Education is the key to career advancement, and you can finance yours with the help of a scholarship from the Educational Foundation of the Ohio Health Care Association (EFOHCA).
EFOHCA was established in 1989 with the primary mission of fostering careers in long term care. Since we began, we have helped adults, like you, go to school to advance their professional careers while contributing to a better long term care workforce. We are proud of the fact that since our establishment in 1989, EFOHCA have awarded over $1.2 M in scholarships to nearly 700 individuals. You too could be eligible to receive either a $2,500 or $4,000 scholarship for the upcoming school year beginning July 1, 2014. In addition, EFOHCA awards scholarships for certification programs in the amount equal to 50% of the cost of the certification program, not to exceed $1,500.
A promising future in long term care awaits you. Apply for an EFOHCA scholarship today!
Please get your copy of the EFOHCA Scholarship Application here.
- You must be an employee, or be related to an employee, who has worked for a minimum of 1 year for a member of the Ohio Health Care Association, Ohio Centers for Assisted Living, or Ohio Centers for Intellectual Disabilities.
- You must be enrolled, or are about to be enrolled, in an institution of higher learning which offers accredited courses for obtaining a certificate, baccalaureate or post-graduate degree required for a career in long term health care.
- You must be enrolled for the school year running July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015, or for a certification program during that same time period.
- Scholarship dollars may only be used for unmet educational expenses billed through your institution (i.e. tuition, fees, books, supplies, room and board) and will be payable directly to your school.
- Unspent funds at the end of the school year must be returned to EFOHCA unless the student requests and authorization is granted for the student to continue using the funds for which they were awarded.